Bi-Weekly Learning Update (21!)

I’ve been complaining about freeCodeCamp‘s Twitch API challenge for a while now. Because Twitch is updating it’s API [seemingly all the time!!] every time I’ve gone to tackle this challenge, I’ve run into problems that freeCodeCamp just didn’t seem to address! I had a similar issue with the Weather API project, where, on being nearly finished the project, the API was updated and required a key for use, and then the way that it detected location was changed as well, so it would only work properly in certain browsers. Fun times.

I found out a couple of weeks ago that freeCodeCamp realised what was happening with the Twitch API. They decided that, since it was a front end project, they would give us some sample output that we could use instead of jumping through the continuously increasing hoops!

See my project here

Full disclosure, I’m working on version 2.0 of this right now. There’s more than one way to skin a cat, and I started out writing 1.0 in a certain way, and stuck with it, but I’d like to try writing a more dynamic version [as dynamic as it can be when the data is coming as a saved variable…]

I used this version of the project to figure out what I wanted to do with this challenge, and in that light, it was pretty successful. It took me a little while to figure out how exactly I wanted to do this, so I’m glad I gave myself the time to play around and do just that!

Stay tuned for version 2.0!

One thought on “Bi-Weekly Learning Update (21!)

  1. Pingback: Bi-Weekly Learning Update (22!) – Part Timer

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s